You already know how dentists insist on avoiding sugar. But do you know exactly why ? Here ,in this article you can find some very useful information.
- 96% of children aged 6 to 11 years old consume too much sugar (chocolates, candies).
- Children at the age of 10-11 years is 16% more likely to consume six or more servings of chocolate and sweets monthly,than an older child.
- Sugar is related to the creation of decay and periodontal diseases.
- It provides the necessary information for the creation of the plaque. Without proper oral care, the bacteria found in the teeth cause decay.
- The average person consumes 22 teaspoons of it daily.
- The majority of children consume 32 teaspoons of it daily
- Women should not consume more than 6 teaspoons of it per day and men no more than nine.