The oral herpes usually appears on the lips .We are talking about the herpes virus type-1 (HERPES VIRUS TYPE 1 / HSV-1)which causes visible wounds and occasionally for type 2 virus (HERPES VIRUS TYPE 2 / HSV- 2) .
After the first contact with the virus there are no symptoms. Then,the virus is inactivated. Reactivation of the virus can occur and usually accompanied by the appearance of a wound .The HSV-1 usually causes herpes labialis while HSV-2 causes infections.
First contact with the virus:
We observe swelling and pain in the gums, lips, throat. Also, muscle pain, fever and swelling in the lymph nodes.
Usually before the appearance of (72 hours ago) in the lip area we can observean increase in the local temperature and intense itching.
- Avoid close contact (skin to skin) with a person who had repeatedly been attacked in the past by this particular virus.
- Also, avoid oral and genital contact with persons infected with this virus.
But since the first contact could not be avoided, there are a number of strategies that can be used to prevent the recurrence of herpes.
- Avoid sunlight, too cold foods and drinks, injury or discomfort in the area where the herpes has occurred.
- Reduce Stress, sleep more and take care of your nutrition.Physical and mental condition is strongly associated with the process of the virus.
- Try to keep the area where the oral herpes has emerged,clean and dry. So that it can heal faster (usually 1-2 weeks)
- Do not touch the wound. It can transfer the virus to other parts of your body or to another person.
- For any medication needed,contact your doctor.